IntroductionIn buildings constructed of cavity walls, whenever there is a window or door opening it is necessary to close the cavity. The traditional manner involved turning the internal skin through 90 degrees and incorporating a DPC to prevent actual physical connection with the damp mortar and masonry of the outside skin. A flexible vertical DPC can be easily damaged or misplaced, The Type D DPC overcomes such problems and speeds up operations on site. The Type D is insulated and automatically introduces a thermal break within the reveal. The Type D offers flexibility and self-supporting rigidity, whilst protecting the masonry return completely.
Insulated pre-shaped vertical DPC for use when closing cavity walls in the original manner. The DPC being shaped and secured is always in the correct position.
- Stabilised DPC polyethylene, 1.5mm.
- Expanded polystyrene to BS 3837/1986. 0.037W/mK
- Standard 2440mm lengths.
- Profile illustrated suits standard brickwork and blockwork of up to 110mm thickness.
- Other profiles available for all sizes.
- Preformed DPC available in many profiles.
- Very severe rating with checked reveal using formatted version.