IntroductionThe Type E is a preformed DPC cavitray which is inserted into an existing cavity wall. The Type E requires only one course of bricks to be disturbed, with just a few bricks removed at any time. The self-contained Type E cavitrays are the length of two bricks, and clip together, so long runs are easily and quickly created. Preformed angles cater for corners and piers. Each unit has stand-alone discharge via a weep. Suitable for all popular cavity widths because the cavity upstand of the Type E is hinged and adjusts to always suit the ‘as-found’ cavity width.
To introduce a horizontal DPC at roof intersection level in an outside wall which has become an inside wall, by virtue of an extension being built.
- Standard two brick cavitrays with integral perp upstands.
- Material - solid DPC polypropylene.
- Positive jointing integral anticapil clip eliminates gluing, sticking or overlapping.
- Shape and depth of projecting lip prevents discharge water permeating the bedding joint - an often overlooked consideration on exposed sites.
- Adjustable cavity upstand accommodates cavity size 50mm to 140mm.