IntroductionThe Type R is a two-function cavitray. When intermediate upper floors of concrete are cast in-situ, it is utilised to close the cavity and prevent concrete entering. In addition, the Type R introduces a water check to the underside of the concrete, to prevent water tracking across the cavity. The upturned profile (rather than the down-turned profile) is not susceptible to accommodating course aggregate during the pouring of concrete, which might encourage capillary action if air voids are present and permit perimeter pooling.
Integral shuttering tray/water check former. Also suitable for closing cavities.
- Type R size 1 = 2400mm x 135mm overall width with V section of 25mm x 25mm.
- Type R size 2 = 2400mm x 160mm overall width with V section of 50mm x 50mm.
- Angles 450mm x 450mm.
- Standard 1.5mm solid polypropylene, black.
- DPC Securtex top textured finish.
- Dual function product acting as water-check and also integral shuttering tray.
- Upturned profile eliminates dangers of capillary action and pooling water.