IntroductionThe upstand of the Type X cavitray is hinged, which permits it to be turned to horizontal status. In this position, the standard Type X cavitray takes up the height of one brick course only, which allows its introduction into a cavity wall with the minimum of disturbance to the surrounding structure. The cavitray is bedded onto the mortar as it is pushed into position, and at the same time the cavity upstand is allowed to take up its correct angle within the cavity. The amount of masonry which must be removed is kept to an absolute minimum compared with most methods.
For insertion into existing cavity walls, to introduce a functional DPC and flashing where an existing has failed, has been omitted, or is required because a new pitched roof is to abut. (eg. extention or conservatory roof).
- Solid DPC petheleyne, AA.
- Lead flashing BS EN 12588.
- Specify pitch, lead length, handing and whether external skin is brickwork. Water drip bars eliminate underbase track-back.
- Correct mortar bedding depth is also established as bar dimensions harmonise with front of tray section to aid stability and mortar integrity.
- Integral cavitray sealing flap links with upper tray.
- Feature on the tray end upstand arrests horizontal tracking at this vulnerable point.
- Adjusts for cavities from 50mm up to 140mm.